ENGLISH CONVERSATION ASSIGNMENT
THURSDAY 12 NOVEMBER 2009
CLASS: XI IPA 5 ( 1-2) and CLASS : XI IPA 4(9)
MATERIAL: READING NEWS
The aim of this activity is to be able to present news (be a news presenter) correctly.
WHAT TO DO:
- Work in pairs.
- Prepare the news we gave to you last week or you may use the attached news to copy.
- Prepare your dictionary or you may borrow to the library.
- Work with the dictionary, find out how to pronounce the words of the news script.
- Arrange pausing, when you want to pause for a while in giving news by marking (/) in the sentences.
- Read the hand out of Reading news in the note of English Conversation Padmanaba or the hand out in my personal blog: http://sheiik3101.wordpress.com/2009/10/29/reading-news/
- Make an opening and closing of presenting news.
- Submit the result of your complete news text on my desk.
- Be sure you have the copy of the text.
- Practice at home with your partner.
- Perform next meeting.
- Should you have question, ask your teacher before next week performance.
- Thank you for your cooperation.
12 November 2009