A. BOOK DISTRIBUTION
- Give the books, please
- Pass these back
- Take one and pass them on
- Take the books of the shelf/out of the bookcase
- Fetch the … from the teachers’ room/staff room
- Have you all got copy of these exercise?
- Can everybody see the text/passage?
- Take out your workbook
- You’ll need you textbook/workbook.
- One book between two
- One book to ever three pupils
- Could you share with …, please?
B. FINDING PAGE AND POSITION ON PAGE
- Take out your books and open them on at page …
- Open your books please
- Look at exercise … on page …
- It’s on … at the back
- Turn over the page
- Turn to previous/next page
- Let’s move on to the next page
- I want you to turn to page …
- Refer back to the … on page …
- Look across at the other side
C. COLLECTING ANG PUTTING AWAY
- Stop working now.
- Would you stop writing please
- Pen/pencil down
- I’m afraid I’ll have to stop you now.
- All books closed, please
- Put your books away now
- Collect the books in
- Don’t forget to write up/put your names on them
- Could the first person in each row collect the books, please
- Leave your essay/sheets/tests on the desk as you go out
- Is there anyone who hasn’t returned his/her test?
D. SPECIFIC SKILL
- Read the text yourself
- Have a look at the next section
- Let’s read the text aloud
- I’ll read it to you
- You start, …
- Three lines each (starting with …)
- Go on reading, Bill
- Do this exercise in your notebook
- Let’s draw some pictures
- I think we should
- Let’s rehearse first
- You can use your book