Answer the following questions based on your opinion.
1) Do you have favourite stuff like doll, mobile phone, shoes, or other? Give the reason.
2) Describe about one of your favourite things.
3) Do you have favourite animal? What are they?
4) Describe about your favourite animal. Give the reason why do you like it.
To describe things or nun, we use adjective can be in the form of adjective clauses.
Adjective is used to describe noun (things and people)
- An old car
- A beautiful girl
- A rich businesswoman
- A red chair
- A flowery shirt
Adjective clauses ORDER:
- SIZE : BIG, SMALL, LITTLE, HUGE, MIDDLE,
- SHAPE : ROUND, OVAL, RECTANGULAR, SQUARE
- CONDITION : SMOOTH, HARD
- AGE : OLD, MODERN, ANCIENT
- COLOR : RED, YELLOW, BLUE, GREEN
- ORIGIN : GERMANY, AMERICAN
- MATERIAL : WOODEN, METAL, IRON, PAPER
- PATTERN : CHECKED, FLOWERY, SPOTTED, STRIPED,
- OPINION : BEAUTIFUL, WONDERFUL, EXPENSIVE, CHEAP,etc
Arrange the following jumbled words into correct order.
- A – brown – leather – light –small – old – bracelet
- The – smooth – beautiful – purple –circle – antique – cotton –pillow
- A – wooden – wonderful – big – ancient – blue – Javanese – puppet
- A – flowery – interesting – modern, yellow – silk – European – large – cloth
- The – round – plastic – big – blue – modern – vase
Now do guessing with your friends. One student comes in front of the class and think of one word. Give one clue to the other student (for example: something inside the classroom). The other students have to guess the name by asking one ‘Yes/No’ question for each student. The answer will also just YES and NO. If you know the name, you may guess.
Do you have favourite things at home? Your birthday gift , perhaps. Describe your favourite thing/s
For example: I got a new bag from my grandma on my birthday. It’s small unique plastic handbag. It has red flowery color with two small round pockets in front. It’s so large that I can put everything inside. I think it’s very expensive. My grandma was just coming from Singapore and brought that bag for me.
- Interview your friend about their favourite stuffs and ask them to describe.